Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire -- (ReleaseWire) -- 09/23/2016 -- When people first start their gardening lives, many are under the impression that throughout the winter period there is nothing that they can do, however this is not true and the Royal Horticultural Society have recently revealed some top tips for all to benefits from. Some of the things in which RHS recommend for winter growing include broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbages, leeks and parsnips.
When it comes to winter growing, planning and preparation is needed and here are some of the tips that have been presented by RHS:
- Sow leeks and brass in seedbeds or seed trays outdoors
- Parsnips should be sown directly into the ground but can often take several weeks to germinate
- Before planting outside, harden off seedling in the greenhouse
- Ensure that plants are well watered
- On a regular basis hoe between rows to keep weeds away
- Before it frosts make sure that salads and leafy plants and protected with cloches
A spokesperson form Grown Up Hydroponics was keen to comment saying, "Here at Grown Up Hydroponics as ironic as it may sound, we definitely believe that hydroponics offers the most ideal solution to growing in winter. Not only can you grow a wider variety of crops and produce throughout winter when using hydroponic equipment but also produce can be grown to become much larger and contain a higher nutritional content.
About Grown Up Hydroponics
Grown Up Hydroponics is a dominant provider of hydroponics equipment of a vast variety, offering everything that is needed to grow hydroponically from complete grow tent kits to digital lighting, nutrients and boosters, carbon filters and more.
Company name: Grown Up Hydroponics
Contact person: Mark Tayler
Address: 51 Edison Rd Aylesbury HP19 8TE
Tel: 0800 084 2843
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Mark Tayler