Montego Bay, Jamaica -- (ReleaseWire) -- 12/17/2018 -- Outlier Biopharma Jamaica Ltd., http://www.outlierbiopharma.com a vertically integrated cannabis Biotechnology Company focused on research, development and production of pharmaceutical-grade cannabinoids and cannabinoid-based products, has been granted five conditional licenses to operate in Jamaica. The licenses include:
- Research and development (experimental): permitting it to undertake all activities involved in the assessment, study, research, development and testing of products derived from all or any part of the cannabis plant.
- Research and Development (Analytics): providing commercial services exclusively for the determination of any or all of the constituents, characteristics, quality or safety parameters of cannabis or cannabis products by accepted and/or accredited methods.
- Processing: Tier 1 license to process cannabis for medical, scientific and therapeutic purposes.
- Retail Dispensary: license to sell cannabis products for medical, scientific and therapeutic purposes.
- Retail Herb house: to sell cannabis products for medical, scientific and therapeutic purposes with a space for immediate consumption by consumers.
Pending approval for Cultivation and Transportation licenses, with full approval of conditional licenses are expected in the next 90 days.
Outlier Biopharma is in partnership with; Consumers, to develop plant-based medicine to improve health and wellness; Local farmers, focusing on sustainable organic farming practices, providing them the opportunity to participate in the new green global economy and; Scientists, focused on researching new and innovative products that positively impact global health.
Outlier recently completed the acquisition of 110 acres of land and has started construction on a cannabis campus located in Montego Bay Jamaica. It will be a center of excellence built around social responsibility, community, culture and achieving excellence in Genetics, Cultivation, Extraction, Analytics, Research and Development. The company is currently in the process of establishing a Good Manufacturing Practice ("GMP") certified facility for the processing and extraction of high-grade CBD oils and extracts. Outlier's goals is to leverage the island's rich cannabis history, favorable research, regulatory and export friendly environment, to build a platform to have a positive impact on the global Cannabis industry.
Outlier Biopharma Inc. is a vertically integrated cannabis biotechnology company focused on research, development and production of pharmaceutical-grade cannabinoids and cannabinoid-based products.
Outlier Biopharma Inc. provides high quality, lower cost, value-added turnkey solutions to medical, biotech and pharmaceutical businesses in the North American and European markets. For more information on Outlier Biopharma Inc., please visit www.outlierbiopharma.com
Please contact eDriven Marketing, LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org for Media outreach, additional information, quotes or for follow-up story consideration.
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Mathew Ferris